St Saviours St Johns
The Free Church
St Peter Broome
Hagley Parish Council
Bromsgrove District Council
Dial a Ride
The civil parish of Broome is a small rural parish in the north-east of the county, an area a little under two square miles, and with a population of under 300. It comprises two old settlements, the village of Broome and the hamlet of Yieldingtree. The ecclesiastical parish is much larger, with over twice the population, and extends right into the village of West Hagley to the north.
The village itself lies hidden from the major roads and is as pretty a village as one could wish, with snowdrops and daffodils along the verges in spring, a pond with waterfowl, many fine trees, and well-kept gardens with flowering shrubs. The school, which closed in 1933, was converted into a village hall.
The little red-brick church, dedicated to St Peter, was built in 1780. In its beautifully cared for interior is the original font, and on the walls some interesting memorials, including an early 19th century memorial tablet carved by John Flaxman. It has a beautiful open churchyard.
Revd Canon Susan Oliver is our parish priest. Telephone: 01562 701076
Church Warden: Michael Clarke. Telephone: 01384 373015
We wish everyone a warm welcome to Broome. Postcode: DY9 0HA